Every day it seems that another social media site pops up. The most popular ones for consumers include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
But for businesses, LinkedIn is a must. This is the one that positions you and your company as an expert, which is critical when you’re selling to multiple decision makers.
We specialize in B2B public relations and encourage all of our clients to make use of LinkedIn for lead generation. Here’s how you can maximize your LinkedIn profile.
- Include your full name and a professional photo. When people can’t see who you are, they’re less likely to accept your invitation to connect.
- Think carefully about your headline and summary. This is where you get to showcase who you are. Use keywords and phrases that you want to pop up when people are conducting a search. Write your summary in first person, with keywords sprinkled throughout. Use your keywords in your work history and skills and expertise sections too.
- Select your connections strategically. The more connections you have, the more credible and authoritative you will seem—but they need to be the right ones. Concentrate on colleagues or others in your industry or target market.
- Make it easy to find you. If you’re trying to find new customers, make your contact information clear on your profile. You can also add websites that will attract your target market, and even customize your profile’s URL so people can find you based on that.
- Keep it fresh. Update your status regularly so people want to come back. You can share blog posts, videos or slideshows, or other relevant content. Include some free reports or downloads in the “projects” section for people to see your expertise.
- Join groups. Join groups related to your industry, and regularly make posts in them too. You can post links to blogs here as well, or answer questions.
Your LinkedIn profile should always be a work in progress. Take your time, fill out your profile thoroughly, and see how much it helps you attract your target market. If you’re not sure where to begin, contact Ripley PR for help optimizing your LinkedIn profile to reach your B2B audience.