You have a great business. It’s so great, in fact, that you franchised it. What’s next? Successful franchise development requires a different strategy than the one that grew your business in the first place. Yes, you need to spread the message of your brand and what you provide to consumers, but you also have to tell the story of what you can offer franchise owners: Why should someone invest their time, money and heart in building a business with you?
It can’t just be a sales pitch. Most of us avoid those like poison ivy (but sales pitches are easier to spot). However, genuine stories of real owners relayed by a credible source like a news outlet or magazine, can make an impact on those considering becoming entrepreneurs.
Your company may have an amazing business model and incredible support for franchisees, but if no one ever hears about it, it may not happen for long.
I’ve dabbled in art for years. Sometimes I see a simple piece that strikes me and I tell myself, “I could do that.” The thing is…I never do. I deny myself the purchase on a false premise.
Some franchisors similarly deceive themselves. They think their own marketing team can handle PR. Perhaps they can, but will they? Should they? How much time will they actually devote to generating creative ideas, pitching stories, and nurturing media relationships? How would that effort compare to the work of a professional PR team experienced in franchise public relations?
Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you will or that it makes sense to devote your time and efforts toward it.
Here are some things a qualified public relations team like Ripley PR can do for you:
- Identify opportunities for news announcements –help create and discover opportunities for compelling content about your brand.
- Generate media coverage – reach out to media contacts and tell your story in unique and interesting ways
- Crisis management – help anticipate potential crises and craft a proactive plan, also strategically respond to a crisis as it unfolds
- Blogs and web content – A PR team can help with strategies, web content and blogs
- Social Media – help draft a strategy, create social media posts, ,and help manage your image on social media
- Franchisee promotion – a great PR team can highlight different franchise locations and owners to help drive publicity and encourage new ownership
If you’d like to take your franchise to the next level with an experienced team, contact Ripley PR today.