Ripley PR and Orange Orchard, a division of Ripley PR, Inc. serves national and global clients headquartered throughout the U.S. Ripley PR works with B2B, franchise, automotive, construction, home services, manufacturing and technology companies. Orange Orchard focuses on eco-conscious, animal-friendly, green, and plant-based businesses that aim to make the world a kinder place to live.
We have an outstanding reputation for creating highly visible results and earning media coverage for our clients in notable trade publications and major national mainstream publications and outlets.
We are seeking a full time, experienced Senior Content Specialist who can contribute to the success of our growing roster of clients, while playing an integral part of our collaborative environment. This position will support both Ripley PR and Orange Orchard clients out of our Maryville office.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience in the following industries is a plus: B2B, franchise, construction, environmental/eco-conscious organizations, animal welfare, plant-based products
- Writes award-winning copy for social media, advertising and public relations
- Writes copy and develops content for agency and client collateral to meet strategic planning objectives. Copy includes, but is not limited to blogs, bylined articles, social media calendars, bios and press kits.
- Researches clients’ products/services/image/competition to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects.
- Ensures content is proofed and edited prior to presentation to clients, and before final uploading to live sites or other interactive properties.
- Maintains a reference library of client source material, and client competitors’ public relations, marketing and advertising efforts.
- Coordinates interactive/web content and other client promotional and marketing materials to ensure copy and content is current and supports/enhances overall strategic marketing plan.
- Assists in measurement and tracking of effectiveness with a view to continually improving functionality and attracting increased website traffic for agency and clients.
- Creates concepts, develops content for, and assists in launching a variety of online advertising formats for client requirements
- Proofs and edits agency employee content and provides markup for recommended changes to ensure client objectives are met.
- Assists in training and mentoring junior employees to aid in their growth within the agency.
- Periodically reviews websites and other interactive properties to recommend content updates and improve user experience
- Stays current with web trends, tools and practices, and shares this knowledge with agency team.
- Ability to convert complex processes and technical data into clear and concise copy.
- Stay on top of business best practices and provide insights to improve campaigns
Some of the requirements and characteristics we are seeking in a Senior Content Specialist
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience writing original copy for dynamic, business-to-business (B2B) websites, blogs, brochures, bylined articles and other marketing and PR collateral
- Agency experience is a plus
- Must be able to write clearly and consistently produce materials with accurate spelling and grammar; Excellent verbal communication skills; strong knowledge in AP style
- Demonstrated experience working with media and generating earned media placements
- Expert knowledge of PR best practices, content production, image collection, image rights and current and emerging trends
- All around proficiency in client consulting and management
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment and is considerate of others within the team
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Leads multiple projects simultaneously and tracks projects with varying deadlines
- Self-motivated, eager, inquisitive proactive and enthusiastic
- Shows initiative and accepts responsibility for his/her work
- Ability to speak before groups both large and small and to motivate and influence others through excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in PC, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, content management systems
Ripley PR offers a competitive salary, Prosecco Fridays, office massages, and a down-to-earth collaborative team environment where your ideas are encouraged, not ignored. Our rapidly growing national presence gives you the opportunity to create your own story. We appreciate your skills, experience and we-can-do-it attitude!
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.