If your fiscal year is calendar-year, then you’re probably in the process of or are about to begin budgeting for 2019. Despite labor shortages, construction across the board has maintained solid growth in 2018. While some slowdown in particular sectors or regions is expected, most agree that the growth of 2018 will continue into 2019.
Whether you specialize in healthcare, education, industrial, multi-family or retail construction, your ability spread the word about your projects and showcase (and fill) your career opportunities is crucial to your continued success. As construction public relations experts, the team at Ripley PR can help you develop a plan to connect with key media influencers and help you improve the quality of talent that wants to work with your business.
As you consider how public relations fits into your communications strategy for 2019, consider the following questions:
- If I Google my company name, what types of earned media stories come up on the first page of search?
- If I Google my competition, what types of earned media stories come up on the first page of search?
- Do I have a clear understanding of my target audiences and what their communication preferences are?
- What communication vehicles have we been using to connect with our target audiences, and do we have any metrics or data to provide insight into what is working/what isn’t?
- Above all else, what is my No. 1 communications goal in 2019?
Regardless of your answers, the right public relations strategy addresses each of these questions and outlines clear, measurable goals to track progress and achievement. In addition, your strategy should not be written in stone. It must be flexible and adapt to both internal and external changes.
If you’re planning for 2019, we’d love to talk with you about how public relations can help your construction business grow. Give us a call today at 865.977.1973.