Ripley PR and Orange Orchard, a division of Ripley PR, Inc. serves national and global clients headquartered throughout the U.S. Ripley PR works with B2B, franchise, automotive, construction, home services, manufacturing and technology companies. Orange Orchard focuses on eco-conscious, animal-friendly, green, and plant-based businesses that aim to make the world a kinder place to live.
We have an outstanding reputation for creating highly visible results and earning media coverage for our clients in notable trade publications and major national mainstream publications and outlets.
We are seeking a full time, experienced Media Relations Specialist who can contribute to the success of our growing roster of clients, while playing an integral part of our collaborative environment. This position will support both Ripley PR and Orange Orchard clients out of our Maryville office.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience in the following industries is a plus: B2B, franchise, construction, environmental/eco-conscious organizations, animal welfare, plant-based products
- Earning local, regional and national mainstream, business, and trade media coverage for agency clients
- Creating, directing and executing agency and client media relations and crisis management plans
- Writing and pitching press releases and bylined stories to targeted media outlets
- Developing goals and strategies for media penetration, and building media contacts and relationships
- Working with clients to train and develop subject matter experts for media interactions and relationships
- Designing best practices and protocols enabling the agency to respond to media inquiries with speed, accuracy and agility
- Leading the agency in finding and developing relationships with key influencers in each client industry
- Creating and providing analysis for weekly or monthly reports, including clipping reports, status reports, website traffic, social media engagement, etc.
- Maintaining agency time sheets on a daily basis
- Stay on top of business best practices and provide insights to improve campaigns
Some of the requirements and characteristics we are seeking in a Media Relations Specialist
- 5+ years of related and documented experience and bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, mass communications or other related field from an accredited university
- Agency experience is a plus
- Must be able to write clearly and consistently produce materials with accurate spelling and grammar; Excellent verbal communication skills; Strong knowledge in AP Style
- Demonstrated experience working with media and generating earned media placements
- Expert knowledge of PR best practices, content production, image collection, image rights and current and emerging trends
- All around proficiency in client consulting and management
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment and is considerate of others within the team
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Leads multiple projects simultaneously and tracks projects with varying deadlines
- Self-motivated, eager, inquisitive proactive and enthusiastic
- Shows initiative and accepts responsibility for his/her work
- Ability to speak before groups both large and small and to motivate and influence others through excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in PC, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, content management systems
Ripley PR offers a competitive salary, Prosecco Fridays, office massages, and a down-to-earth collaborative team environment where your ideas are encouraged, not ignored. Our rapidly growing national presence gives you the opportunity to create your own story. We appreciate your skills, experience and we-can-do-it attitude!
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.