Franchises are only as good as their reputations. Over the years, social media online reviews have grown in importance in defining and influencing those reputations
For individual franchisees, social media can give you access to more potential customers. For franchisors, it is a means to promote the advantages of becoming a franchise partner in your business. But, the more people reached through social media, the more importance will be placed on the quality of your online reviews.
The facts, according to recent research:
- About 92 percent of consumers now read online reviews.
- Of those consumers, 88 percent say reviews influence their purchasing decisions.
In the franchise industry, good online reviews can generate more business or they can scare customers away. Partnering with an experienced franchise public relations agency can give you the tools to maximize positive reviews while managing the negative.
The magic moment
It pays to encourage positive reviews. Pro-tip: The best time to ask for a review is at the end of a transaction, when the customer has been given the quality customer service that sets your business apart from its competitors. That’s the time to talk with the customer and ask if they’d mind leaving an online review about the experience.
Responding to negative reviews
What happens when a customer leaves a bad review, though? It’s important to respond politely in a timely manner. Never engage in a hostile exchange with a customer online. Use the opportunity to make the issue right, increasing the chance the customer will change their initial review into a positive one.
Dealing with online reviews doesn’t have to be a lot of work. An experienced franchise public relations agency like Ripley PR can help. We offer reputation management services such as:
- Monitoring reviews for franchisees on the major social media platforms.
- Responding to all reviews in a timely and professional manner.
- Encouraging positive reviews.
- Spreading the good word about your franchises to news organizations and through social media. The more people see your name, the more chances you have to create positive impressions.
If you want help managing online reviews, the franchise public relations experts at Ripley PR can assist you. If you would like to learn more about what we can do for your franchise business, contact us today.