When it comes to growing your franchise brand, one question we get time and time again is whether franchise public relations is really necessary. Usually that question is followed up by questions like:
- Isn’t PR just marketing?
- How is PR different from the advertising I’m already doing?
- Press is great, but how does it generate leads?
These are all great questions, and ones that can be answered by any public relations expert, but the necessity of PR for your specific franchise comes down to your specific goals.
What are your franchise goals?
As franchise public relations experts, we’ve seen time and time again how our efforts have helped grow franchises in a variety of industries—from automotive styling to staffing to plumbers and home service repair experts. But ultimately, the answer to the question of whether PR is necessary for your franchise comes down to your specific goals and expectations for growth. Which leads us to ask questions about your plans like:
- Are you looking to create stories about your brand and the people who live it?
- Are you trying to expand into new territories and markets?
- Do you need to change the way people view your brand or products and services?
- Do you want to increase your online presence?
- Are you looking for more exposure to your customers, or more exposure among franchise prospects?
- Are you preparing for your exit strategy, or looking to create an empire?
Knowing your goals and objectives are the first step in understanding what kind of PR will work for your franchise to bring about the best return on your investment. Which inevitably leads us to the most important question we get asked:
What’s the ROI for franchise PR?
The return on investment for a custom public relations strategy is evident through helping your franchise attain your business goals and objectives for growth.
This can include website traffic generation through backlinks from earned media mentions, higher SEO rankings through public relations keyword strategies, or changes in audience perception via knowledge sharing and goodwill building efforts.
So, is PR necessary to grow your franchise? In short, the answer depends on your unique situation. If you’re interested in learning more about how public relations can help you meet your franchise goals, contact Ripley PR today at 865.977.1973. We are a global public relations agency that specializes in franchise PR, understands the franchise industry and takes into account your specific goals with strategy and tactics.
This post was written by JD Sizemore, Account Director, Client Services on February 15, 2019