Ripley PR, a global PR agency located in the Knoxville-metro area, is recognized as a growing force in B2B and franchise public relations. Ripley PR is also known for creating high-visibility results and landing enviable coverage in notable outlets like Forbes, Inc., the Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur and CNN on behalf of its expanding roster of national clients. We are currently seeking a full-time senior content specialist who is looking for a role with a dynamic, high-energy and innovative agency.
- Writes award-winning copy for social media, advertising and public relations
- Writes copy and develops content for agency and client collateral to meet strategic planning objectives. Copy includes, but is not limited to blogs, bylined articles, social media calendars, bios and press kits.
- Researches clients’ products/services/image/competition to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects.
- Ensures content is proofed and edited prior to presentation to clients, and before final uploading to live sites or other interactive properties.
- Maintains a reference library of client source material, and client competitors’ public relations, marketing and advertising efforts.
- Coordinates interactive/web content and other client promotional and marketing materials to ensure copy and content is current and supports/enhances overall strategic marketing plan.
- Assists in measurement and tracking of effectiveness with a view to continually improving functionality and attracting increased website traffic for agency and clients.
- Creates concepts, develops content for, and assists in launching a variety of online advertising formats for client requirements
- Proofs and edits agency employee content and provides markup for recommended changes to ensure client objectives are met.
- Assists in training and mentoring junior employees to aid in their growth within the agency.
- Periodically reviews websites and other interactive properties to recommend content updates and improve user experience
- Stays current with web trends, tools and practices, and shares this knowledge with agency team.
- Ability to convert complex processes and technical data into clear and concise copy.
- Being a part of our savvy team of PR and marketing professionals, “doing what needs to be done” to support our overall brand
Some of the requirements and characteristics we are seeking in a Senior Content Specialist:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience writing original copy for dynamic, business-to-business (B2B) websites, blogs, brochures, bylined articles and other marketing and PR collateral.
- Must be able to write clearly and consistently produce materials with accurate spelling and grammar
- Proficient at marketing and technical writing.
- Must have strong knowledge in AP writing style
- Experience writing content that communicates technical information to the client’s target audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, library science or related field is preferred
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, well-developed problem-solving skills, and a fine eye for detail.
- A positive team player
- Professional and personable
- Proactive and responsive
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Obsessively organized
- Accountable and accurate
- Committed to continuous learning
If you have the qualities to be successful in this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio of your work.
Ripley PR offers a competitive salary, and a down-to-earth collaborative team environment where ideas are encouraged, not ignored. We appreciate your skills, experience, and we-can-do-it attitude! We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
No phone calls please. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.