Ripley PR, a global PR agency located in the Knoxville-metro area, is recognized as a growing force in B2B and franchise public relations. Ripley PR has an outstanding reputation for creating high-visibility results and landing outstanding coverage for clients in notable media outlets like Forbes, Inc., the Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur and CNN. We are currently seeing a full-time Media Relations Specialist who is looking to contribute to the success of our growing roster of national clients while being an integral part of our collaborative environment.
Your day might look like this:
- Gaining national coverage for agency clients
- Creating, directing and executing agency and client media relations plans
- Working with agency and client staff to create PR crisis management plans
- Writing and pitching press releases and bylined stories to targeted media outlets
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on media-related activities and coverage
- Developing goals and strategies for media penetration, and building media contacts and relationships
- Creating media kits and content, including but limited to: websites, marketing pieces, blogs and social media
- Working with clients to train and develop subject matter experts for media interactions and relationships
- Collaborating with agency staff to develop ongoing strategic media planning and reputation management activities
- Executing and reporting activities on assigned accounts
- Designing practices and protocols enabling the agency to respond to media inquiries with speed, accuracy and agility
- Leading the agency in finding and developing relationships with key influencers in each client industry
- Reviewing and assisting with account/client billing as requested
- Creating and providing analysis for weekly or monthly reports, including clipping reports, status reports, website traffic, social media engagement, etc.
- Maintaining agency time sheets on a daily basis
- Being a part of our savvy team of PR and marketing professionals, “doing what needs to be done” to support our overall brand
Some of the requirements and characteristics we are seeking in a Media Relations Specialist.
- 3-5 years related agency experience and bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, mass communications or other related field from an accredited university as deemed appropriate by Ripley PR
- Must be able to write clearly and consistently produce materials with accurate spelling and grammar
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in garnering national media coverage with trades and mainstream media
- Expert knowledge of social media best practices, content production, image collection, image rights and current and emerging social media trends
- Professional skills in press release writing and pitching, garnering client media coverage and creating relationships with appropriate media
- All around proficiency in client consulting and management
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment, and is considerate of others
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Leads multiple projects simultaneously and tracks projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to mentor, manage and direct assigned staff with a firm but kind demeanor
- Self-motivated, eager, inquisitive proactive and enthusiastic
- Shows initiative and accepts responsibility for his/her work
- Ability to speak before groups both large and small and to motivate and influence others through excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Experience with paid media (banner ads, Facebook ads, etc.) a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, content management systems
- Desire to excel and be part of a creative, agile, progressive team
Ripley PR offers a competitive salary, and a down-to-earth collaborative team environment where your ideas are encouraged, not ignored. Our rapidly growing national presence gives you the opportunity to create your own story. We appreciate your skills, experience and we-can-do-it attitude! We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
No phone calls please. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.